With my head in the clouds, I dream of things customers might someday say to me…when I die and go to heaven, perhaps.
Usually we get stuff like “I need it yesterday” and “I can get it cheaper from the other guy.”
Do let’s daydream a minute and think of the many things we would like to hear our customers say, like:
1. No Hurry…take your time
2. Other quotes? I didn’t even know there were other printers in town.
3. Just tell me how much it costs when I pick it up.
4. That misregistration is hardly noticeable.
5. I love black ink.
6. Don’t worry about it…I always type my phone number wrong, too.
7. Can I do the press proof over the phone?
8. If you like it, I like it.
9. All those specs confuse me…why don’t you choose for me.
10. Deadline? I don’t want to sound stupid, but I don’t know what that is.
11. Missing photo? Oh that? I didn’t like that picture anyway.
12. Can I pay you in advance? Cash?
13. WOW…look at the big dots in the photos…I like that!
14. What’s wrong with Helvetica?
15. Proof? Nah, I trust you.
Now it’s your turn…share your dream quotes with us all, so we can fantasize together.